Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mrs. Propst

So when I first started at this school, I was the only new teacher that year. That meant, no crazy welcome from everyone, you kinda found your place and fit in. I was OK with that, really. But one woman came up to me just smiling and introduced herself and let me know that if I needed anything, she was there.

Let me tell you, in the past 5 years, she has been there and then some. Mrs. Propst is an educator that her students will always remember. She is a teacher who makes that extra effort. She is the teacher that talks and opens up to her students and shows her heart and her passion and her genuine love of what she teaches to her students. Mrs. Propst has created programs within her Family and Consumer Science courses that make students learn through hands on experience. Her students in turn become accountable and sincere in their quest to become educated. The thing I admire most about this woman is her need to succeed as a teacher. She takes such great ownership in her style of educating. This need for change in education is a little frustrating to her. Teachers like her, understand that technology does not reach everyone in education. Some styles of teaching are timeless. Her style is one of those. I hope that she sees the impact that she makes as educator and she keeps teaching from the heart.

No comments: