Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mrs. Keys Classroom

After blogging about a certain special education teacher last week, I honestly felt good. I kinda keep to myself over here and like most teachers I get wrapped up in my own classroom and don't take the time to share my appreciation and admiration of others that I work with, so today I decided that I am going to start blogging about my counterparts in education and share my thoughts about them every week.

In my vocational building at the school, I get to see education in a non traditional format. We have ag and auto as well as industrial arts,horticulture, and SVE. But hidden among the lot of us is a special classroom that gets talked about little, but does wonders. I am talking about Mrs. Keys and her classroom. Mrs. Keys and her clan of classroom aides are those wonderful people who work with our students with severe disabilities. Each one of their students is special to them and they take such great pride in working and helping them learn basic life skills. I admire this group of women and the heart that that they pour into their jobs. It takes a special person to do what they do, and not only do they do their job, but they do it well...just ask their kids!

No comments: