Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 1 Creativity Challenge





Last night, while grading art projects, I did my first day creative challenge. I made playdough. You remember playdough. We use to love the stuff! Of Course, some of you weirdos out there, ate it;)


Now my son loves it and so I decided that heck, I'll give it a whirl making it. Let me preface this with, I tried making it last week and after three very unsuccessful batches, I deemed myself a failure. But it turned out so easy ,with the right recipe and so fun! Little Mr. Jake took it to school today for everyone. He was quite the proud 4 year old and I am quite the proud art mom!




RECIPE




2c.flour


1c. salt


2t. cream of tartar


1 pack of koolaid


dump in a sauce pan and mix together




2 cups water


2T vegetable oil


any additional liquid food coloring if needed


add to saucepan




heat on low/med.low and stir


it will form a ball as you stir


dump it out and knead it on the counter


store in ziplock


PERFECT PLAYDOUGH


*thanks to one of my FB Friends for the recipe!


No comments: