Monday, August 27, 2007

New Week...New Assignments




This weekend, I spent a lot of time online looking the perfect comforter for my bed. As I am scanning all of ebay and overstock, I am noticing how very geomtric and "artsy" bedding has become. Textile designers are constantly changing thoughts and ideas as they have to keep up to date in terms of style and design. Instead of flowers, textile artists are are broadening their ideas with tone on tone block designs or bright colors in circles and squares. The colors are beginning to fall into warm and cool color realms as well as neutrals. You would be amazed at all of the places art shows up that you least expect it. Next time you are out at the mall, after you have done A&F, head to one of the department stores and into the bedding sections. Look around, see what they have in terms of color and design...and please refrain from laying on the beds, the staff at the stores don't look highly on that!


This week photography will be visiting the Art Center for the Photography Show! We will be taking ideas from the many styles of photography and learn a little about filters. Our theme for the next project is "our town"


Art One and Exploratory will be working on shattered images. This assignment deals with grayscale and contour line.


Drawing class is still working on our object shadings and Advanced students are really starting to go on their architectural assignments.

1 comment:

Gary Ochs said...

Mrs. Phegley,
I enjoyed reading about your comforter dilemma. I'm glad that I'm not the only one in that precarious position. I get so upset when I can't decide.