Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Veterans Day

To many students and teachers alike, veterans day is just another day off of school. To others and some you least expect it is so much more.

My husband is a Navy Veteran from Desert Storm. He served on the Naval Carrier USS America. My husband has such fond memories of his days in the military. He met some of his truest friends in his service. I asked him once if he was ever scared about being in a war. And he simply replied no. And that my friends, is the American Soldier. They have no fear in risking their lives to protect and serve their country. Not many people can say that. So on November 11th, I ask you to think about those people you may or may not know that have served or currently are serving our country and thank them in word or deed or thought. But please take a moment to thank them.

No comments: